Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Family Time

The fair was last weekend, so seeing as how we live so close, we went and checked it out on Sunday afternoon. I was able to satisfy my craving for mini-donuts - mmmmmm!
Neither Conrad or I are ride-people, and Zach is too small to go on any of the kiddie rides, so we spent at least half of our time at the petting zoo. Zachary loved the animals, especially the cows. Not sure why he likes them so much, but I'm thinking a trip to my uncle and aunt's farm is in our future. He loves dogs too, except when they get too close. He wasn't about to pet these very calm greyhounds. It's funny, because he was all gung-ho to pet an adult horse which could probably take his hand off if it wanted to.
A little black lamb. Conrad had to corral it first as it was too fast for Zachary.

For obvious reasons, he likes the animals that just lay there and let him pet them. He kept coming back to this goat.


A minature donkey. We got to see some kids showing (not too sure if this is the right word) their minature donkeys. This one group was trying to get the donkeys to jump over a bar, kind of like horse jumping. It was funny because you can't make a donkey do anything it doesn't want to and the one we watched definitely didn't want to jump!


So it is finally getting hot here. In fact today it was 33 C - our hottest day so far this summer! While it's wonderful to have summer weather, being pregnant during the summer is definitely a new experience - I thought I was going to die today. Anyways, we bought Zach a kiddie pool to play in. Last weekend, Conrad filled it up and got Zach ready to play in it....Except he's not so keen on playing in an outside pool. He put his hands in it, walked around it, threw toys in it, but refused to actually go in it. There was quite a few tears when Conrad attempted to set him in it.



So I tried again today with better luck. I had to go in it with him, not much of a sacrifice on such a hot day, and eventually convinced him to sit down and play for a while. He still isn't too sure about it, but we'll keep working on it, if the weather holds out that is.

No comments: