Monday, January 29, 2007

Swim Day

I am currently teaching my students how to swim and be comfortable in the water. They have come a long way in the last 3 weeks or so. There are 3 or 4 of them that are like little fish and are swimming with water wings on their own. They are the first in the pool and the last ones to come out.














Here I am swimming with 2 of the girls and one of our volunteers. You can see it's not a huge pool, but it does the job.














One of my little "fish"! She loves the water!!!














I am attempting to teach the letters of the alphabet in my preschool class. Last week we were on the letter "B" and so I decided that we should make biscuits (that's what they call cookies here). It was a lot of fun and they actually turned out to be very good!















































2 of the boys at one of the houses had birthdays the same week, so 2 of the volunteers and I took all the boys from that house out for lunch at The Spur. It has a North American First Nations (or Red Indian as they say here!) theme. We find it quite funny, because the restaurant is decorated in a stereotypical, but tacky, Native American way. Hence the feather headbands that the boys are wearing.

4 comments:

Holly said...

It is so wonderful to see photos of those lambano babies on your blog! I miss them so much and words cannot describe the joyous feeling that is brought to my heart when I see these recent pictures of them. Please continue to update us on them and if you remember to, tell them that Auntie Holly that was with them last summer says "hi" (it's okay if you forget since they may not even remember, but if you tell any of them be sure to tell Mandla). Also, are you at Grace Christian or somewhere else? I was just wondering if you knew a little girl named Gabi who is about 10 or 11? Sorry for so many questions!

Anonymous said...

So much fun to read all the updates and see the pictures. We miss being home. We are encouraged by your hard work and service to the Lord. Hugs for the kiddies at McAlpine from Ami B!

Conrad and Jen said...

Hi Holly (Prov. 31:10),
I will try to remember to pass on your greetings to the Lambano kids. Yes, we go to GCC. Do you mean Viv's daughter Gabi? I know her, would you like me to say hi to her for you too? We'll try our best to keep the blog updated with pictures (hopefully no more internet troubles!) :)
Jennifer

***********************************

Hey Ami B and family!

Thanks for the note! Hugs to you and Bradley too. Hope you are doing good.
:o)

Holly said...

Thanks, Jen! Yes, I met Gabi. She is the sweetest little girl! Would it be possible for you to find out her mailing address for me? I will give you my e-mail address and you can send it there. You can e-mail the Biedebach's if you need verification of my e-mail address or anything like that. I meant to get Gabi's mailing address before I left this past summer and I forgot to. I'd love to be able to send her letters of encouragement. She professed to accept Christ as her Savior this past summer when I was there and I would love to be able to correspond and encourage her. My e-mail address is: itsjustholly@gmail.com