Monday, January 29, 2007

New Year, New Project

Well finally I have gotten the chance to update you on the job site. A lot has happened since our last post. I have finished all the bricks on the church and only a few things remain but I am waiting for help to arrive to finish up. I started on the AIDS hospice the first week of January. I am slowly getting the walls up but with Matt (the other intern) gone and Nafe and Jever starting school at Christ Seminary I find myself alone and slow going. But slow and steady wins the race "they" say, whoever "they" are. The most exciting thing that has happened at the site is the birth of Vuyo and Violet's baby girl, Praise. This is my Friday picture that Jen was able to get last Friday while she was helping me out. Praise is healthy and very adorable. Her brother is also very excited about the new arrival. My goal over the next four months is to have all of the bricks laid so that when the teams come from America they will be able to put the roof on. I have about 35 000 bricks to lay, so you can keep that in your prayers. The weather is hot everyday and I will no longer complain about the few days of hot weather that we do get in the summer in Alberta. But the Lord is showing me lots about owning a business and how to make time for your wife/family. It is great and I love what I do and what I am doing!!

Violet with Praise after a long nap. She seems like a very good baby cause I don't hear much working right by the house. But I do know that Vuyo has had a few sleepless nights, I woke him up once (Oops!).


















This is the cot area with all the windows. This is where the kids will rest. It is quite a big area for them and will be able to accommodate plenty of kids.














These next two are some of my favorite pictures. Jen was catching a quick break from the heat. It was 30 degrees that Friday.














This was the guys having a little fun at the end of a hard day of work. I like it when that happens. This was Matt's last day at the job site before he left to go back to the States. Thanks for all of your help Matt.














Here you see the kitchen, dinning room and the double door leading to the cot room. The kitchen ends right at the big window and door welded together. The dinning room is only as wide as the window and door and the cot room takes up the rest of the space.














Again you see the windows in the cots room and then there is a space which is the hallway and then where there is only a big window and a small window is the waiting area before you see the doctor. I also have the back wall now built 2/3's where you see the brick return.
















You can see the back wall in this picture. I am currently working in the office trying to get it done before my guys come back from school. I completed one side today and will try to finish the other side in the days to come. The one door leads to the file room and the other is a maintenance door.









No comments: