Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Good Help from the Cold North

Well for the past week now Jennifer and I have been blessed to have a good friend from Canada come visit and help out at the work site. Too bad no one else came. Thank you to all who sent cards and sweets :) with him. Jen and I really felt blessed. We have been having a great time together and are really enjoying ourselves. Darcy, Nafe, Jeverson, and I are really working hard on the church ceiling right now. So for the past week or so I have taken a break from bricklaying and strapped on the carpenters belt (something I will have to do later on this year again when the roof goes on). We have been able to sit and visit with Darcy almost every night. It is nice to be able to chat with someone from back home. This Friday we are going to Pilanesberg for a couple of nights to check out a game reserve that they have there. It should be great, but even more exciting - the ceiling will be finished before Friday!




Darcy, Jen and I went for a swim on Saturday at one of the Lambano homes. It was hot out during the day but some clouds rolled in and it cooled off. The water was quite cold but very refereshing. The kids came out to say hi after they had woken up from their naps so we all stuck our feet in the pool and took a picture.















This was the market that we went to on Saturday at De Deur. It's a real man's market. You can get anything there from a car door to electronics to sheep and calves.















This is one of the rain storms that we had during the week. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but you can see that it just poured.





























This was how much was done by last Friday (the 9th). It took a while to get a system down, but once we did, things went quite smoothly and quickly.














This was taken this morning (the 14th) before we started working. Yes, that is a saw in Darcy's hand (and yes he is working Dad). :)














This was at 3pm today when we ran out of screws so we had to stop. We will have it done tomorrow with time to spare! Looks good, doesn't it? Now that most of the ceiling is done, we really notice a difference in how hot it gets in the church.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Conrad and Jen,

Did my dad perhaps take you off to De Deur? Brian loves going there, but Ami and I prefer the scones at Irene...

You guys are awesome. Hi to Jeverson and Nafe from us.

Unknown said...

Hey Guys!
Ange and Chris here!
The progress on the building looks amazing!!!
We miss you guys!
hey Conrad the cieling looks really good. I'm just wondering how much cooler it is now that the cieling is on?
email us!
Chris and Ange