You might be able to see the existing shacks on the left side. The large empty area was packed full before with shacks.
Monday, March 05, 2007
Pilanesberg, and a job well done.
Well here are a few pictures of when Darcy, Jen and I went to Pilanesberg on the weekend. We had a great time and got to see lots of animals while we were there which was really nice. These are only a few of the animals that we saw in the game park. The rest of the pictures are of the church with the lights up and the tiling of the baptismal tank.


I know that the picture is blurry but this bull elephant was way off in the distance and wasn't about to come any closer to us. If he was any closer you could really appreciate the size of this guy.
If you look close enough at the giraffes you can see the spot difference on the two. We think that the darker color one is the male and the lighter, smaller one is the female.
Well that is it. The lights are hung, floor is swept, chairs are in place, tank is tiled and the windows are in, pray that the Lord would fill this place!




This was the most amazing thing that I have seen while here in Jo burg. I went to work one day and there was cops lined up and down both sides of the this block and people throughout the street. When I finally made it through there was a barricade(red and white stripped ribbon) at the other end and a cop standing there. When I asked him what was going on he said that they are "removing this space". He said that they taped the road off so that when the people start throwing things they won't hit and damage the cars. They are moving this massive squatter camp because the mine runs right below them and they have had problems this past year of the ground opening up and swallowing people, so they are relocating them 2 1/2 hrs away for there safety(but very inconvenient for all of them). A week later the ribbon was down so I took a drive and this is what I saw. They had a big front end loader and plowed all of the shacks down. It was unbelievable sight to see. I think that they are going to do the rest of the camp too, but we will see if that happens.

You might be able to see the existing shacks on the left side. The large empty area was packed full before with shacks.
You might be able to see the existing shacks on the left side. The large empty area was packed full before with shacks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment