Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Austin T. Duncan Test

Anita, this is for you!
I told Conrad the other day about the 'Austin T. Duncan' test that was on our friends' (Brian & Anita Biedebach) blog back in the spring. So when I came home today after running errands, Conrad had set 2 chairs out and there was a dish towel on both chairs. So I went over to the chairs and sat down on one and opened up the dish towel. Inside was a ...................... spoon! According to our friends, this means that we are having a girl. (the wrapped fork on the other chair was for a boy) Now we just have to wait the approx. 4 weeks left to find out if the Austin T Duncan test will be right for us too. I would love to have a girl, however, I'm not too sure how accurate my instincts are - I thought Zachary was a girl for most of that pregnancy, and he is all boy!!!!
We have the baby's room almost ready - there will be lots to do after the baby is born and we find out the gender. It seems so much more real now, to have the infant car seat out and ready to go, the dresser put together with little sleepers in it, etc, etc. I can hardly believe that it is almost time for this little one to be born. So Exciting!!!!

2 comments:

AW said...

So exciting indeed! Ok, so why a fork and why a spoon? I'm going to have to look into this Austin T. Duncan test. Not that we're expecting but it sounds silly.

Lots of love over the next month!

Bied said...

Oh my so you sat on a spoon too. I'll have to tell Austin that the test failed! We look forward to pics. So happy for you guys, a brother for Zachary!!!