Monday, July 14, 2008

Summertime......

Summer is here and we are loving it!! It's so funny.....it gets up to 30 C and we are like"oh, it's so hot" - however did we manage to live in Africa for a whole year????? And then I remember how much I love the hot weather!!

We haven't been up to much so far. Conrad is very busy at work, getting ready to become a partner at the end of July. Exciting times!!!! Stressful times!!!! I've discovered that I don't have time to do much gardening, therefore my flower beds are not looking so good. The weeds are giving the flowers a good run for their money and in some cases are winning the height battle! Oh well....maybe next year?

Saturday, Conrad and I escaped to the mountains for the day. It was our first visit since we got back from South Africa - I can't believe it took us that long to get there since we only live a couple hours away! We left Zachary with Conrad's parents and were blissfully child-free for 12 hours!!! Yay!!! Actually it was kind of hard to leave him, but I managed to do it and actually didn't think about it much during the day, much to my surprise. We took our time and the back roads and enjoyed the scenery. I absolutely love the mountains!!! They are such an awesome picture to me of God's strength, power and creativity. And they are just so beautiful!! We ended up at Lake Louise and hiked up to the teahouse. Boy are we, especially me, out of shape! I knew it, but this confirmed it for me again. The view was worth it. Dinner in Banff, which was crazy as usual, and then we were heading back home. It was so nice to just spend the day as a couple. We haven't done that since before Zachary was born, so it was long overdue.

We borrowed my parents' car for the day. Unfortunately it wasn't that warm out, so we didn't have the top down for long.

Hehehe!!! The sign for the outhouses made it look like you had to go behind the tree!

And what would a post be without pictures of Zachary. Which will have to come later as the computer doesn't want to upload them.

No comments: