Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Spring Has Sprung....well sort of

Spring is here.....at least according to the calendar. Living in Alberta makes one cautious about making statements like that. I have some green shoots coming up in one of my flower beds - I'm excited to discover what I have growing in my new yard. However, I'm sure there is at least one more snowstorm coming before spring really arrives, so I'm hesitant to start on my beds just quite yet. I also noticed today that the Canadian geese are starting to come back. I feel bad for them - walking around on ice must make their feet cold.

It's amazing how your perspective changes once you become a parent. I used to think I had a productive day if I taught a full day at school, came home & made supper, did my marking and maybe a load or two of laundry in the evening. Now a productive day consists of getting dressed before noon and doing a couple loads of laundry in the afternoon. No wonder being a mom is a full time job!

We've seen some good examples of God's provision over the last little while. Because we were overseas for 7 months last year, it has affected our taxes. We were pleasantly shocked when we heard how much we were getting refunded in income tax. It's great though, because now we have the money to do some very needed repairs to our house, like the shingles and the back fence. That's a big way God has provided for us. There's also little ways, like the other day when I had to return some VBS material to the bookstore. I wasn't sure how I was going to carry Zachary's car seat and the box I was returning all at the same time. Well, just as I pulled into my parking space (still wondering how I was going to do this), a friend pulled into the parking space right next to me and was able to help me carry everything into the store. I came out of the store thinking, wow, that's so cool the way it all worked out!


Zachary & his little friend Ethan chilling out on the floor together. They are only 2 weeks apart in age, so we are spending a lot of time together.


We looked down one night while we were having supper and Zachary was doing this hilarious pose in his sleep!! I don't think his chin could have gotten any higher.

Isn't he cute in his South African lion outfit. (Thanks Nicolene!)

Our nephew, Jude. He just had his first hair cut at 5 months......he is soooo cute.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........
2 months old - what a big boy!

No comments: