So, here is a typical day in my life as a new mom........
It's sooooo exciting I decided to dedicate a blog to it (can't you hear the sarcasm dripping!)
6-7 am - get up to feed Zachary somwhere in here. Afterwards try to get him to go back to sleep so that I can go back to bed.
7-9:30ish am - hopefully was able to sleep in order to get those 2 more precious hours.
9:30 - drag myself out of bed to feed Zachary and get him dressed for the day.
10-noon - Eat breakfast, shower and get ready for the day myself. Doesn't always happen since Zachary rarely sleeps during this time and is often fussy.
12-1pm - feed Zachary
1 - 2:30/3pm - finish getting ready if I wasn't able to beforehand, eat lunch, and maybe get out to run errands.
2:30/3pm - guess what? Feed Zachary
3 - 5pm - Do whatever, start to think about what to make for supper.
5/5:30pm - Feed Zachary while watching Simpson's and/or Oprah.
5:30-8pm - Finish making supper, Eat supper, clean up
8ish pm - Next???? Zachary gets his supper
8:30 - 10:30/11pm - bathe Zachary, or relax, or do whatever didn't get done during the day.
10:30/11pm - Give Zachary his last feeding and pray he's not fussy so that we can go to bed too.
The wee hours of the morning - Sometimes he wakes up hungry, sometimes he doesn't........
6am - we start all over again!!!!!!!!!
Now, doesn't that sound like fun???
It has been quite an adjustment over the last month to have Zachary in our lives. I never realized before just how much I need proper sleep. It is everything I can do to get out of bed when he is hungry. I am also learning how being productive is a matter of perspective. If I get dressed before noon and get something done like laundry or get out and do something like errands, go to Bible study, see a friend, then I've had a productive day. Those days of when I can do many loads of laundry, clean my house from top to bottom and make a decent supper all in one day are loooooong gone. I've also realized that I've been slightly judgmental in how I've viewed other people's homes and how organized or clean it is. Mine is definitely not as clean now that I have a child!
In other news, Conrad has said "yes" to his boss about buying Westar Masonry, so we are moving ahead with that. It is exciting to know that this summer, he is going to be running a business! It fulfills a dream of his!!!! Yay! So, it's a good thing that Zachary came over the winter because we are going to have a whole new set of adjustments to make this summer when Conrad takes over from his boss. And now, I have to get going, because according to the schedule above, I only have 1/2 hour to eat and shower!!!! :)
New pictures of Zach coming soon.........
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment