Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Different Look

Well finally I get to sit down and update the blog. I apologize to everyone for not doing it sooner, but when company comes we don't have much time to ourselves. Two of my younger brothers have come for a visit till the end of May. Well a lot has happened this month but I will give the main points. A tractor came in early May and cleaned up the site and it looks ten times better. He didn't get everything done so I think that I will hire him back again to finish. The electricity is almost hooked up which makes me happy since I have been trying to get this done since I arrived. The sheeting for the roof has arrived and the trusses are on their way. I have gotten more bricks but unfortunately won't meet my goal of getting all the walls done by the end of May. In Early May there was a store robbery across the street from us. It happened late at night so we were not around when it happened, but it sadly ended in tragedy. It's a good reminder for us that we have put our trust in God for all of our needs here. I am eager to have the teams from America come and start the roof in two and a half weeks. We thank all of you for your prayers.


This is what the site looked liked at the start of May.

Once Nafe and Jeverson got back from school we started on the wall where the washrooms and closets will be.

My brother Matt took these next pictures. They show all the walls that are done. It kind of looks like a rat maze.
Here you can see kitchen(bottom), dinning room(middle), and the cot room(top). It is nice to have the interior walls up and the rooms defined.
Here I am teaching my brother Jon to lay bricks. He did pretty good. It was cold this day and we are bundled up good. It was about 3 C or 38 F the past couple of days.
My brother Matt with the guys during one of the nicer days of work (notice the t-shirts).
This is the site after the tractor came. It is starting to look good and will look better when the grass starts to grow again.
The dining room and the kitchen.You can see the cot room and doctor's office better here. There is a short hallway divides the two.

No comments: