Thursday, January 01, 2009

Christmas Letter 2008

Dear Family and Friends,

I probably say this every year, but I can’t believe that Christmas is just around the corner. I don’t know about you, but 2008 was a very busy year for us. So grab a cup of coffee as we let you in on what has happened in our lives over the last year.

The biggest and most exciting event this year happened when our son, Zachary Nathan, was born on February 6th. He is such a blessing and definitely a gift from God. It has been exciting to watch him grow and change over the last 9 months. He is a very active boy and is rolling all over the place, trying so hard to either crawl or walk, whichever he can figure out first! He is very curious and has to see what is going on around him. It is hard to believe that he is almost a year old!

The other big event in our lives is that we are now business owners. In August, Conrad became a partner in Westar Masonry and we are now in the process of buying it out as his boss/partner is retiring. It’s kind of neat because this is the company that Conrad did his apprenticeship through. This is something that has been in the works for a year now and to see to see it actually happening is exciting, but at the same time somewhat scary. So Conrad has been quite busy over the last few months, learning how to run the business and all that comes with it. Already we have seen God’s provision for us in this, and we know that it is what we are supposed to be doing for now.

I (Jen) have been busy learning how to be a stay-at-home mom. It has been quite a process for me to transition from teacher to mom, but I am now enjoying being home with Zachary and wouldn’t change it for the world. I am still the children’s ministry coordinator at our church and had the opportunity to lead a DVBS program there for the first time this summer. Let me tell you, that was an experience! While I enjoyed it, I have to be honest and say that I’m not too sure I will do that again with my children being so young.

During the summer we also got to travel to Ontario for a family reunion on Jen’s side. Flying with an infant is definitely different!! My first thought used to be, “oh no…it’s going to be a long flight,” when I would see children on a plane. Both of us now have a lot more sympathy for parents flying with young children. That 4-hour flight from Hamilton to Calgary was the LONGEST flight I have ever been on in my life! It was great to see family that we hadn’t seen since coming home from Africa.

Well, that briefly sums up what we have been up to. We hope that you are doing well and enjoying life. May God bless you as you celebrate Christmas and in the New Year to come.

Love,
Conrad, Jennifer & Zachary

1 comment:

By the Brook said...

We are excited to see what the Lord will do in your lives this year. How blessed we are to know Him and that His plans are always perfect.
Blessings to you
The Biedebachs