Sunday, December 17, 2006

A Picture is worth a Thousand Words

" Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. And on the seventh day God ended His works which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done." Genesis 1:31 - 2:2

Well as of this past Monday I have finished laying all the brick inside the church. My target was to have it done by Christmas and I came very close to having it completed. My guys and I have worked very hard to get to this point, and now it is time for a rest. I know that I am not God and didn't nearly do the amount of work He did, but I figure it was somewhat suitable. The things that have to be finished are the tiling of the baptismal tank, laying the sills under the windows and pouring some concrete pads by the doors, that's it! So I have taken an extra two days off before our hoilday to Victoria Falls to relax and spend with Jennifer. It has been an amazing past few months to see where the project has come from to where it is now. I recently looked at the photos from when I first got here and it is still hard to believe. I thank you for all of your prayers of saftey. We have managed to get through this project with only bumps and brusies. Continue to pray for the hospice, that the work will go smooth and fast. I need to have the walls up by June cause there is a team coming to put the roof on ( I actually hope to have it well done before that but anything can happen). Thanks again.
















Not to brag, but need I say more?















All the brick piles have disappeared and now the church is left standing.














The windows are being painted and the doors will be also.














The stairway to Heaven, well to the baptismal tank. This is where the rubber meets the road.
















These are all the brick post that I had to build. There are six on each side. You can also see all the doors for the hospice there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you guys! Merry Christmas! Maybe Santa will bring you new shoes!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the church!
I'd send you new shoes but they probably wouldn't get there!
Chris thanks you for the birthday card and says he'll write soon.
Love Ange